Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
Just before I went to bed last night, I saw that I’d been tagged in a fun beauty game by Tianna at StorybookApothecary. I went to sleep thinking about all the great beauty tips everyone has to share through a fun game of tag, like this one!
Thanks so much to Tianna at StorybookApothecary for thinking of me!
The Q&As are great and I encourage you to read both Tianna’s and D’s at SweetJellyBean (D. tagged Tianna yesterday!). You never know, you might read about the perfect beauty must-have product that you never knew about! 🙂
1. Blush Or Bronzer? Most days, I would go without both. For special days, a little bit of blush is just what I need to brighten up my complexion. I like a pressed blush. I’ve found the cream blushes way too strong for my skin.
2. Lipstick or Lipgloss? For the most part, lipstick. I almost never the house without a good dose of colour on my lips. My favorite right now is Halle by Jane Iredale. In a bind, a tinted lip gloss can stand in for my trusty lipstick. However, I’m definitely not a fan of the sticky glosses that you tend to find out there. I’ve started making my own glosses, but have yet to perfect the recipe…
3. Chapstick or Lip Butter? Lip Butter! I make my own and I would never turn back. It’s so easy to combine a few oils a bit of wax to make the perfect lip butter for yourself. Once I learned how to make my own, I got rid of all my store-bought lip moisturizers.
4. Matte or Sparkle Eyeshadow? Matte eyeshadow for me. I like to keep my makeup fairly low-key and matte colours do the trick for me in that department. If I’ve got a special occasion to attend, on the other hand, I wouldn’t put it past me to whip out a little bit of sparkle!
5. Gel, Liquid, Cream or Pencil Liner? I tend to stick to the basics when it comes to eye liner. I’m just not skilled enough to use the liquid or gel liners! Pencils work for me! I just started using a new powdered eyeliner from Jane Iredale. It’s definitely a bit more challenging to apply than a regular pencil, but I love the different effects you can get with it!
6. Foundation or Concealer? I use concealer daily. Right up there with my lipstick, I don’t leave the house without it. I just dab a bit on under my eyes to even out my skin and it does the trick. Right now, I’m using a concealer from Jane Iredale (can you tell I LOVE her line of makeup?!) and it blends really well into my skin without looking flaky.
7. Liquid or Powder Foundation? I used to use powder religiously. However, after I made the switch to safer makeup products, I found that I could go with out. You won’t find any foundation or powder in my makeup bag now!
8. Neutral or Statement Eye? I love the smoky eye look. It’s my favorite, by far. Even so, I tend to stick with the low-key smoky eye, even for special occasions. It lets me stick to what I know!
9. Pressed or Loose Shadows? I like the pressed shadows. They are less messy and easier to apply. I always find I use way too much product with a loose shadow!
10. Waterproof or Non-Waterproof? I stay away from waterproof and try my best not to cry!
11. Brushes, Sponges or Fingers? Fingers. I have the best control of the makeup (read: concealer) I’m patting on when I use my hands. A brush or sponge just confuses the whole process for me!
12. Powder, Cream or Liquid Highlighters? I’ve never actually used a highlighter! Can you believe it? I guess I’ll have to experiment with it one day and let you all know how it goes!
♥ Spill your beauty secrets! (Additional Q for you by D (Sweetjellybean.com)♥
Can’t Live Without Skincare Product?
So hard to choose! I really depend on my lip scuff. It’s another homemade product of mine that I use day and night. It keeps my lips soft and supple, avoiding any dry skin whatsoever. When I’m running low, it’s a bit of a crisis in my house!
Favorite Makeup Blusher?
Can you guess? I’m in love with Jane Iredale products these days! And that goes for the pressed blush too!
Take-it-with-me-always beauty product?
My lipstick. The colour is Halle by Jane Iredale. It goes with me all the time. The lipstick feels great on my lips…it’s moisturizing and it isn’t sticky! What more could you ask for?
Bonus Question from Tianna @StorybookApothecary!
What Is One Beauty Item You’re Willing To Splurge On Even Though It’s Expensive?
Having just started using the Nourish Face Oil from Suti, I think I might be hooked! I absolutely love the scent and the texture of this oil blend. I’d have a hard time justifying buying it since I regularly make my own face oil. On the other hand, my oil just isn’t as luxurious as this one! Stay tuned for a post on my Suti stash soon!
Bonus Question from Alia @AuNaturelEssence!
What is the one beauty product you could do without for a week? If you absolutely had to give one thing up, what would it be?
This is a tough one for me. I’ve really paired down my makeup routine to the bare basics, so it’s hard to know what I could do without. Perhaps it’s my mascara. I do love the volume it gives to my lashes. However, if forced to make a sacrifice, I think I could live without it!
And Now, It’s Time for Tag-sies!
- BlackBox Cosmetics
- Homemade Wellbeing
- Well Beauty Blog
- Beauty – The Missing Manual
- Modesty is the Hottest
- CT Esthetic
- Holistic Green Beauty
- The Beauty Department
- ToxicSweety’s Pensieve
Beauty Confessions – This or That Tag – You’re It!
Something Fun: This or That, Beauty Tag – You’re It!